Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cupcake Cutie

Title: Cupcake Cutie (Plus Size Romance Series)
Author: Lynn Cooper
Publisher: Targheda Press
ASIN: B00UW0PUF8
Pages: 38

 Ella Skye is looking for a fresh start in the town of Pleasant View—a place where she can concentrate on her career as a graphic designer. She isn’t looking for love or passion. She doesn’t need the raging flames of desire that always flicker into heartbreak. She also doesn’t need a nosey neighbor with a temperamental cat, a hot cowboy who moonlights as a fireman or a stubborn friend who insists on dragging her into awkward social situations. Ella doesn’t need any of it but, in time, she just might realize she desperately wants all of it and more.

Decker Wyman spends all of his time working on his family’s ranch. When he isn’t there, he’s fighting fires and rescuing those in distress. For him, romance has been fleeting at best. In fact, he has all but given up on lasting love—the kind his parents shared. When the new woman in town finds herself in a precarious situation, Decker is there to give her a hand. He wants to give her a lot more than that, but things in his personal life are rather complicated and prove to be a hindrance. The question begs: is he willing to do whatever it takes to simplify them? Especially if it means he might have a chance with the smart, sweet and sexy Ella Skye?

Cupcake Cutie is part of the Plus Size Romance Series. Each book is a standalone with no overlapping characters, storylines or cliffhangers. This series is a perfect combination of romance, steamy love scenes and humor. The stories are sensual and romantic, uplifting and lighthearted. Feel-good reads that leave you feeling great! 

 I grew up in a small town in South Carolina with big dreams of becoming a ventriloquist. I ordered my first and last dummy from a Sears catalog. It didn't take me long to realize that I was never going to be able to talk without moving my lips. Plus, the dummy gave me horrible nightmares.

I got married at the age of twenty-three and worked for a decade in the health field as a surgical technologist and later as a dental assistant. When I grew tired of looking at people's innards, I decided to give writing a try. As it turns out, I'm pretty good at it.

Predominately, I write red hot romance. However, I enjoy writing a variety of books. My other publications include a 1920's period piece that centers around first love, a suspense/psychological thriller, a non-fiction self-help book and a children's book. It is my opinion that a good writer can write in any genre that he or she desires.

Of course my greatest desire is to write stories that entertain my readers and provide them with a temporary means of escape from reality. Other than reading, my favorite form of escapism is watching old movies. My favorite actor is Cary Grant. Between you and me and the bedpost, he is my cinematic boyfriend. Check out my author profile pic and see for yourself. 

 Cupcake Cutie is a short read but it captures you from page one. I absolutely loved the sarcasm and the easy feel of this story. Ella Skye is starting her life over in the town of Pleasant View. The last thing she expected was to find a man who accepted her and all of her curves.

Decker Wyman is a workaholic who spends all of his time tending to the family farm as well as a fire fighter. The last thing he expected was to find a curvy lady stuck in a tree. 

Lynn Cooper brings us a refreshing story about a curvy woman and a hunky man. Throw in a wife that refuses to sign divorce papers and you've got one heck of a story. It is refreshing to see a positive spin for the curvy girls and to show that they too are capable of finding love. I absolutely loved how easy this read and I cannot wait to see more from the Plus Sized Romance Series.


No comments:

Post a Comment