Friday, February 16, 2024

Haunt

Title: Haunt 
Author: Rachel H. Drake
Publisher: Arla James Publishing 
Publication Date: December 6, 2022
Order: Amazon

Rating: 5 *s

Description: "Imagine Casper all grown up and hotter than ever."
My ghost has been my protector and friend for as long as I can remember. But recently, our relationship has changed. He grows stronger each time he touches me and feeds off of our physical chemistry. I want him, but he is a ghost, and I am very much alive. How can this work?

Now I'm finding out there is more to our relationship. Something has connected him to me and my family in the afterlife. Can I use this connection to bring him back? Though he has never scared me, this does. I’m afraid of how I feel and even more fearful of what I’d do to keep him with me, forever.

WHAT READERS CAN EXPECT: Haunt is the first book in an interconnected standalone paranormal romance series. Books in this series can be read in any order, depending on your craving. Haunt is a ghost/invisible man romance, it is not a suspenseful read. You will enjoy this series if you like happily ever afters (HEA), breeder trope, pregnancy, paranormal spicy books, and possessive men.

For a full list of potential triggers, visit the author's website - content in the Creature Cravings series is intended for mature audiences and reader discretion is advised.

My Review: The description alone sold me. It left me curious and ready to dive in. I found myself immersed in Emily's story and curious to see how the author would answer my questions and tie the story together. I loved that the concept was original and just zany enough that it could work.

This is a story of healing, past trauma, love, and most importantly faith. Emily knows her ghost is the one for her but can she get help in being with him in the physical world?

There isn't too much detail you can give about Haunt without spoiling it. I loved Drake's way of enveloping us into the world of Emily and her Ghost. I found myself rooting for Emily every step of the way and I loved the heavy spice involved. It doesn't take away from the story line but is a crucial piece to the puzzle. 

This is just the first installment in the Creature Cravings Series and I can't wait to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment