Saturday, February 24, 2024

Watch Her Bleed

Title: Watch Her Bleed
Author: Emily Klepp
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: February 23rd, 2024
Order: Amazon
Rating: 4 *s

Description: What do you do when your blood sugar crashes and you dump a bottle of wine on the most handsome man you’ve ever met? You panic. That’s how it all started... I panicked and felt up this mystery man while he smiled down at me, igniting something inside of my soul that I had never felt before. When he turns out to be my new boss, everything started to unravel one thread at a time. One minute I am convincing myself to keep going and the next I am facing my demons with the alluring Matt Russo by my side.


He’s protective…

He’s intense…

And he’s all mine…

When my living nightmare comes for me, God himself could not stop what happens to my attacker. Will I adapt to my new identity or will I succumb to the horrors of my past?

This is a dark romance novel with heavy triggers. Caution is highly advised. Triggers include sexual assault, domestic violence, mention of kidnapping of a child, kidnapping, mention of abuse to animals(not detailed and off page), serial predator, medical conditions, including hypoglycemia, Somno, consensual/nonconsent, etc. Please visit edknovels.com for a full list of triggers and tropes.



My Review:  This is my first time reading Emily Klepp's work. I was drawn in from the blurb. The trigger warnings are definitely something to read as this may be triggering for some. If you can get past the triggers you are definitely in for a treat. 


Aurora is focused on moving forward and ignoring anything that could cause her to back-step into her past. She escaped but it doesn't feel like she really escaped. She has a lot of trauma buried deep that she hasn't dared share with anyone. They wouldn't understand or they would judge her, wouldn't they?


Her best friend Kaia is always there for her. She looks out for and has become more family to her than her own flesh & blood. When Aurora has a meal at her parents, she isn't prepared for the series of events that unfolds. Kaia tells her, enough is enough and it's time to come clean and hold her family accountable.


Matt can't place his finger on what it is that is so different about Aurora but he knows he wants to know more about her. He can't help his intrigue with her but something is off. Is she hiding something or is her family? The more Matt gets involved, the more he just wants to protect Aurora and give her the best future imaginable.


Overall, this was a great story. I really enjoyed the way Klepp focused on her health concerns and her mental health. Klepp handles Aurora's past trauma in a delicate way. We feel for Aurora and find ourselces just wanting to hold and console her.  Matt stays at bay and lets Aurora lead the way into their relationship. He lets her call the shots and she gives into her feelings with him while also handling her past trauma. This won't be my last time reading Klepp's work. I really enjoyed her story building and how it gripped me from page one. I can't wait to read the next story in the Watch Her Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment