Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mistaken Romeo


Title: Mistaken Romeo
Author: Amaris Oppenheim
Publisher: Self-Published
ASIN: B00QL3P62W
Pages: 34


**This is a work of adult romantica with explicit sexual situations not suitable for those under 18** 

You might think life couldn’t be any more disappointing than being a thirty three year old single librarian, living with more than one cat, eating Chinese food straight out of the carton whilst categorizing books. Evelyn is aware of that. She knows how lonesome and dull of an existence she is living. That is, perhaps, what propelled her to enter the unpredictable world of internet dating. Having not had any action for over a year, she is in it just for sex, and soon after meeting Michael, a not so bad online candidate, they both want to make it real. Time came, and it wasn’t the only one. After facing one another at a bar, and fewest words as possible later, neither hesitated to take it down to the hotel and let their bodies do the rest. They both have a night of pleasure like no other before, but shockingly enough, that guy Michael wasn’t the one she met online, but just a stranger somehow dragged by Evelyn’s hurry to get out of the bar. They connect, and Michael, a victim of carnal lust, doesn’t want to leave things at that. Evelyn is torn. She had just met not only a man capable of letting her reach heaven in the bedroom, but also a true gentleman who cherishes her. Michael is a stranger, but so were Romeo and Juliet. 

Tags: sex,romance,love,sex stories,sexy book


I live in Italy with my extremely loving husband, two adorable little boys and the most behaved dog. This is where I manage my day job, which is working in the city's largest financial company. When not dealing with numbers and financial accounts, I write about my fantasies. I believe that human beings only have one life, so why not cram everything possible in it, including doing what I am passionate about - steamy romance.
I am fond of adventures and possess this passion for sweet romance and lustful secrets. I feel best when my readers are drawn to the worlds of love, sex, thrill and fantasies that I create. My stories are inspired by the stories of the different people I meet and the places I get to see. I am always delighted to live many lives aside from my own. That is how I craft a limitless number of fantasies and adventures.
All throughout, reading books is something I could not live not doing. Dreaming and feeding my fantasies are incredible things for me. As a little girl, I'd spend most of my free hours at the school library. I will bring home stacks of books, including the typical romance novels that do not involve sex. Probably, I got this habit from the mother, who also adores sweet romance novels. But I was surprised what a romance novel could be during a trip to the bookstore when I was 17 - that is when my journey began. 
I never knew I had the gift in me until I produce my first erotica novel when I was 23. My first work was followed by tons of other works for the sexy grown-ups who simply want to experience more passion and desire. I like my books to be luscious and delightfully sweet. I have been working on my novels for years and I can say there is really no secret - I just let my imagination go hot and wild. 
Someday, I wish to retire to a vineyard with my entire family and continue my passion of writing about my dirty, naughty secrets.


Mistaken Romeo is a short story that held a lot of promise but for me fell short. Evelyn leads a boring life. She is single, a librarian, and owns a cat. She is the definition of lonesome so she gets brave and starts online dating. Before she has a chance to chicken out she decides to meet someone for a date. Once she arrives at the bar she grabs the man and drags him off for a night of passion he won't soon forget.

The man admits to Evelyn that he wasn't the one she was seeking after but he pursues her for a relationship instead of a one night stand. She hashes it out with the man she was supposed to have met before leaving with Romeo.

The story felt rushed and lacked detail.. The sex scenes were steamy and I liked the idea of story. It is a strong basis for a story and I would love to see it reedited and reexamined.


No comments:

Post a Comment