Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Masked: Only His

Title: Masked: Only His
Author: C.C. Lopez
Publisher: Enter Night Books
Order: Amazon

Rating: 5 *s

Description: A dark romance vigilante justice thriller.

In the haunting aftermath of a traumatic event, Lyric's life takes a dark turn when a video of her sexual assault goes viral, casting her into a relentless cycle of torment and humiliation. Living in the shadows, concealed beneath her hooded sweater, she seeks refuge from the cruel reality that surrounds her. Just when it seems like all hope is lost, an enigmatic figure emerges—a masked stranger on a mission to bring justice to those who have wronged her.

As the mysterious guardian vows to shield Lyric from her tormentors, Lyric finds strength in this mysterious man who proclaims himself as her protector. Caught in the web of uncertainty, Lyric grapples with the identity of her silent savior, while the community becomes a battleground of conflicting emotions. Is he a beacon of protection or a harbinger of a hidden desire to claim what is his?

My Review: Whew! Where to start this review?

C.C. Lopez is a new author to me and Masked has made me a forever fan. I try to keep a wide range when it comes to reading because I never know what will catch my attention. When I read the description I was drawn in. This didn't sound like your typical dark romance. I will preface the rest of my Review with read the trigger warnings. If you can be open minded, you should definitely try this out. I'm not squeamish but there were parts that made my stomach turn in the best way. I felt like a child peeking through my fingers eager to know what would happen next.

Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I finished it in one sitting and can't wait to find out what will happen next. Masked has definitely placed itself in my top reads of 2024. This book is dark, twisted, unhinged, and leaves nothing to the imagination. I loved how descriptive Lopez was and how she didn't hold back!

No comments:

Post a Comment