Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Return on Love

Title: Return on Love
Author: Elena Laurent
Publisher: Self-Published
Purchase: Amazon

Rating: 4 *s

Description:Working with your nemesis isn’t easy, as Eva Jones realises when she’s given a new deal by her boss in this gripping contemporary enemies-to-lovers workplace rom-com.

I wonder if I should resign from the associate position from my PE firm instead of working on this deal because right there, staring at my face, is the name I’d hoped I would never again see in my life—Ryan Moore. The man I hate with an intensity that would put Princess Leia’s hatred for the Empire to shame.

But with my career on the precipice, I need to nail this deal to get my sweet promotion and to see a look of respect in Dad’s eyes, for once – the look I’ve been craving since childhood but which seems reserved only for my brother.
But are these reasons big enough to deal with Ryan Moore? I don’t know.

I mean, sure, Ryan has this insane charm, brains to boot and brawny arms that’ll make your heart do a happy dance. And sure, he caught me from falling in those same arms like a hero right out of a romance novel. But I’m no damsel in distress and Ryan, well, he’s made his feelings for me pretty clear by ignoring me and my opinions, the opinions for which mind you, his company has hired my firm.

But when I discover that there’s something shady going on in my firm, bigger than this deal, and which can take down a mentor both Ryan and I respect and love, there’s nothing to do but join forces and find out the truth, whatever it takes. All I need is to focus, and not on those beautiful blue eyes and edible lips… if I can.

Review: This was such a cute, fun read! Who wouldn't love a book sprinkled with Star Wars quotes, a Gamer Girl, and sizzling tension between our two main characters?

This made for a nice palette cleanser as an easy to read story. I love how the relationship evolved between Eva and Ryan as they worked together to uncover the truth of what was happening behind the scenes. I truly enjoyed this and quickly realized I was going to devour this in one setting! I can't wait to see what else Laurent has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment